Frequently Asked Questions
• What do students do in a Art Innovators class?
• When and Where are Art Innovators are classes held?
• Who provides instruction?
• After Art Innovators class, do I need to pick up my child from the KidzArt classroom?
• Does my child need to bring anything?
• Is every class or session different?
• Where can I get more information?
• Still not convinced of the value of Art education?
• What types of media are introduced throughout the year?
• How does your program inspire creativity?
• Do you offer home-school classes?
What do students do in a Art Innovators class?
• Have fun while creating cool art to display
• Explore a broad range of art techniques and mediums
• Learn that problems can have more than one solution
• Choose variations for each project - not a "copy exactly" approach
• Learn techniques for focusing, relaxing, and reducing stress
• Gain drawing skills AND self-confidence
• Think creatively in a non-competitive environment
• Have access to high quality art materials used by artists
• Always be excited by new curriculum--both 2 and 3-D
• Enhance knowledge of other subjects (anthropology, science, geography etc)
When and Where are Art Innovators are classes held?
Art Innovators classes are available at educational facilities - public and private schools, Y's, parks and recreation centers, churches, retail businesses and assisted living centers with the elderly (SeniorzArt), as well as a host of other facilities. Classes are offered as complementary and extracurricular enrichment, as well as core art programs for private and charter schools during the school day. Additional exciting offerings include: Home School Groups, birthday parties, workshops and summer camps. We offer adult classes too! Visit www.artinnovatorssocal.com.
Who provides instruction?
All Art Innovators instructors have had a background check through a multi-state database search and are fully certified by Art Innovators. Our Certified Instructors go through comprehensive training on the Art Innovators method. Many have classroom experience, are elementary teachers, and/or are artists themselves. The Art Innovators program is a national program and its methods have been proven for over 15 years!
After Art Innovators class, do I need to pick up my child from the KidzArt classroom?
In order to ensure the safety of your child, all children are picked up from the Art Innovators classroom, unless you have instructed us on your registration form - for example "return to after school care" or "walk home". If you would like to meet your child anywhere else besides the Art Innovators classroom, including the front of the school, please make a request in writing or tell us on your registration form. Your child's safety is our Number One concern. Contact Us.
Does my child need to bring anything?
No, we provides all artist-quality supplies.
Is every class or session different?
Yes, projects will never repeat. Weekly classes will include one of either a 2D or 3D curriculum/art project
Where can I get more information?
Please contact us:
call 800-947-3599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Still not convinced of the value of Art education?
Consider these facts:
Not only are KidzArt classes fun and challenging but students involved in the arts are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement. "Young artists, as compared with their peers, are more likely to: Attend music, art, and dance classes nearly three times as frequently. Participate in youth groups nearly four times as frequently. Read for pleasure nearly twice as often. Perform community service more than four times as often."
What types of media are introduced throughout the year?
We primarily feature artist quality drawing mediums such as Prismacolor Markers, ArtStix, Oil and Chalk Pastels and Charcoal. We also introduce a wide variety of other 2 and 3 D mediums such as Sand Art, Sculpture Mediums, Clay, Watercolor, Fabric Painting, Print Making, Copper Tooling, Collage, Weaving, Marbleizing, Mask Making, Solar Printing, Book Making and Trading Cards to name a few.
How does your program inspire creativity?
The Art Innovators Method(TM) is an inspiring format and structure that sets the stage for creative exploration. Each class not only teaches the elements of art and design, but also exercises in creative thinking.
Do you offer home-school classes?
Yes! We can come to your home school group. Please call or email us and let's talk about what your needs are.
- Living the Arts through Language + Learning: A Report on Community-based Youth Organizations, Shirley Brice Heath, Stanford University and Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Americans for the Arts Monograph, November 1998
"The facts are that arts education: makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has proven to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries."
- Involvement in the Arts and Success in Sec